Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Into the Woods"

So I went to see the play "Into the Woods" last week and it was awesome! I love the UA plays. They're all so different, which is good since I have to go to so many for my classes, but I've really enjoyed all of them.

"Into the Woods" was basically s combination of a bunch of traditional fairytales: Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunsle. It was pretty neat. It was extremely comical, but also had a great message. The "evil" characters were punished in the end and the "good" characters were rewarded and lived happily ever after, so to speak.

Although I'm not really not into theater all that much, I always really enjoy the UA plays.

4 comments:

Alex said...

i had to go to several last semester for arts of tuscaloosa. i enjoyed the plays too.

Chelsea's blog said...

I didn't get to go but I've heard a lot of people tell me it was really good.

~*Hello Kitty*~ said...

Sarah, I agree! I loved it!! I had to go to all of the plays this semester for theatre, but I can't really complain about the productions. They were really good, except The Playboy of the Western World. That one was terrible! But I enjoyed the plays so much that I'm thinking about buying tickets for the plays next year.

Nick said...

i have seen this play a couple of times before, even built the set and was technical director for it once. It's a pretty funny play as far as plays go