Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Football Tickets

I think the football ticket situation at Alabama is absolutly awful. I've heard of many students, seniors included, that were not able to buy tickets before they ran out. It's ridiculous the EXTREMELY small amount of tickets that are allotted to students. Students are some of the most involved people in the University activities. They dedicate time and effort to school, extracirricular activities, and other University programs, and they should expect the same loyalty awarded to them by the school.

Also, my dad has been working for the University for almost 30 years, and each year the location of our family's season tickets get worse and worse. After all the time my dad has dedicated to the University, it's unacceptable that the University disregard that, all for those Tide Pride fans and others who are willing to pay more money.

The University shuns its most dedicated and important fans because money is more important to them than loyalty.

5 comments:

Evan said...

As bad as this sounds, I was glad to hear that so many people didn't get tickets! Hopefully I will be able to sell mine easier!

Sucks about your family's season tickets though, you would think that the University would try to help out its own. But like you said, it's all about the money.

Pat Hann Man said...

One thing about the student tickets is that alot of the student section doesnt fill out untill right before the game, and if its a lesser game they might night show up at all. Plus the university loves money and our 5 dollars a ticket doesnt compare.

The thing with your father is an entirely different story. He works at the university so he should always get tickets and they shouldnt be able to make his tickets worse and worse. The longer you work here the better your seats should be.

Joe Kennedy said...

i didnt even get tickets, which sucks

~*Hello Kitty*~ said...

I didn't get tickets, either! And I must agree with Patrick about the student section not filling up! But I'm sorry to hear that your dad couldn't get tickets, either! That's ridiculous!

Blogging for Dummies said...

yeah I hate that everybody couldn't get tickets, but I got mine so I'm not too sorry. And yeah that sucks about your dad.